Recommendations Prior to Travel:
- Ask the International Student Office if there are any documents you may need to travel prior to missions trips.
- Get a letter from registrars office (same document that international students need to get a driver’s license). This is a letter with university letterhead,
- Saying that the international student is currently enrolled in classes at your university,
- And if applicable, will be taking classes the following semester if have already registered.
- Make sure student has a current, valid passport, visa (this is what immigration looks at to make sure they are allowed to come into the country) along with a current and valid I-20 (a form that allows them to stay in the U.S as student).
- Ask the student to find out from their consulate if they need any visa to travel to the specific country for the missions trip.
A website you can go to whether you are an international student or an American, if you need to know if you need a visa for a country: https://www.visahq.com
This is just a portal for information and not recommended by Chi Alpha as a website to get your visa. Apply for the visa you need for entry into a country from the consulate/embassy of the country you may want to enter. Do this at least three months prior to the trip.